Imagine my surprise when I checked my email this morning and found that I won The Prestigious 7X7 Link Award. I didn’t know what it was, but I was excited, as the last thing I won was a jar of jelly. And it was strawberry, so that pretty much sucked. Cristy Carrington Lewis, aka Paltry Meanderings of a Taller Than Average Woman, gave me the award. A recent post of Cristy’s was recently Freshly Pressed, which was exciting. I sort of feel that I know greatness, as I was the first one to post a comment when she first wrote the piece, before it was Freshly Pressed. She is a wonderful writer. I think I should have her write on my book jacket of my future Jumping in Mud Puddles book.
“Looking to reminisce about someone else’s childhood because yours sucked? Join Vickie as she explores, with plentiful humor and jocularity, her idyllic past as a fascinating, but domineering, color-inside-the-lines kind girl who hated her remedial reading group, probably has mercury poisoning from regular exposure to Mercurochrome, and was secretly-tranquilized by her mother – daily – because she was hyperactive. I thank God my mom didn’t know her mom. If she’d known she could drug me legally, I’d have slept my way through elementary school. Try not to pee your pants when you read this because, if you’re like me, your mom never remembered to send you to school with an extra pair of undies either.”
Wait. She thinks I was a domineering child? WTF? Was not. Ok, maybe she sees something I didn’t.
Anywho, there’s no statue involved, just a little bit of work. There are three things I need to do after accepting this award. It’s sort of like a pay-it-forward thingy.
Reveal 7 things you don’t know about myself that you already don’t know (Or something like that)
1. I’m a movie quoter. If you know what movie, “How ya doin little Tony?………….Bad” comes from, then you are someone I want to hang out with. My favorite quote is, “He is not the one, Steve.”
2. I think Tim Matheson is the most handsome man on the face of the earth. I would join a fan club if I wasn’t already tied up with the Steve McQueen fan club. (He be number 2) Ok, I jest. Although when I was a tween, I did belong to the Davey Jones Fan Club. I loved the Monkees. So, yeah, Tim Matheson.
3. I have only pumped my own gas maybe once in my 55 years of life. Ok, I couldn’t reach the nozzle when I was three, but yeah, I have a fear of gasoline. Trapped in a car, ready to explode, will do that to you every time.
4. I had drinks with Billy Joel. I did. I don’t think he would remember me, cuz he was absolutely smashed after his concert in West Virginia, but he did tell me some secrets, like how much he disliked Hall and Oates. Really.
5. I’m adopted and am 98% sure I have a twin. My mother was Marilyn Monroe. She stopped by Wheeling in 1956 and gave birth to me. You’d be surprised at the resemblance. I’m sure the stories are true.
6. I stepped on Joe DiMaggio’s foot- Didn’t mean to. I wanted to get my picture taken with him. So what if I didn’t have my camera that day.
7. I called one of my fourth graders a Goober today. Well, he is one.
Link seven of my posts to the following categories: Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Popular, Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Controversial and Most Pride-Worthy
1. Most Surprisingly Successful- Queen of Halloween Costumes…’Tis True was freshly pressed on October 15, 2010 and has garnered about 9,900 hits since then. It’s amazing how many emails I received from people who wanted me to give them specific ideas for their Halloween costumes. What a ride!
2. Most Underated- MonkeyShines It’s my favorite blog post, mainly because it is the hardest I have ever laughed in my life. I retell the story each year to my fourth graders, and cry from laughing while repeating it. It has only been read 105 times. Poor monkey.
3. Most Popular- Well, it would probably have to be when I was Freshly Pressed for the one above, but honestly, Wisdom Teeth Removal Removes Wisdom, has been very successful with google searchers. It’s been viewed 9,200 times. It’s amazing how people google this, especially after Christmas. It must be a great time to get your wisdom teeth taken out. Although, I wonder how many actually go through with it after reading this blog about my son’s adventure at the oral surgeon’s office.
4. Most Beautiful- I just don’t understand. Now I have to go searching through them all to find one that is pretty. Be right back……Ok, I don’t write beautiful blogs. I have one with a skunk, two with stupid ex husbands, and this one Well, That’s a Nice Gesture
5. Most Helpful- Oh, I have many a blog post that educates. I truly do. But, the most helpful. hmmmmm…Be right back…Old Wive’s Tales I wanted to share the stupid things parents tell their kids. I mean, I won’t have freaking potatoes growing behind my ears if I don’t wash real good. I mean, come on.
6. Most Controversial- Oh, that’s so easy. I have two. Am I allowed to have two? The first one is Eavesdropping 101. I had a lot of compliments, but also got into a fight with two people over my childrearing practices. Stupid people. But, ya know, I was Freshly Pressed with that one, and thought it was pretty good. I was tickled to death to be Freshly Pressed so soon after the first one.
The other one was me just telling the truth. It’s Pop, Not Soda, Stupid. Some people don’t get “tongue in cheek.” One reader was very offended that I thought Soda people were stupid. Well, they are.
7. Most Pride Worthy- Oh, without a doubt, CSI:West Virginia It really shows what a really good mom I was.
Now I get to pass on this coveted award to 7 other blog poster people. I don’t like to impose. You guys don’t have to play if you don’t want to. I actually had fun writing this. So, once again, thanks Cristy!
I wish I had the time to write a more profound introduction for each of my recipients. I will keep it short and simple, because, well, it’s almost time for NCSI.
1. Brown Road Chronicles -Steve writes about country living and throws in a hysterical poem now and then. His post on goats was very creative. I wish I had the time to visit his blog more often. Head on over and say hi.
2. Working Tech Mom -I like her blog. She writes on a variety of subjects, and injects her wonderful sense of humor with great photography. Oh, hell, she is off again. I like traveling with her, where ever she goes.
3. Inkjot- I don’t know why, but this cracks me up. I always wish I could draw. This blog has the artistry and the humor. My kind of combination. Jealous.
4. My Naked Bokkie I need to ask her what a bokkie is. I’m assuming cutie pie or something like that maybe. Anywho, I need to visit her more often. She writes on a variety of subjects and it is fresh and fun. He recent post on Pinterest is great.
5. Edward Hotspur Funny, funny guy, with a great writing style. So glad I found his blog.
6. Back on My Own When I just went to Pat’s blog, I saw where she nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. How did I not see this? Did I see it? Am I senile? I’m a mess. Anywho, I just found Pat’s blog, and I think that if she lived near me, I would want to hang out with her. Make her teach me some Spanish. Nice person. Much nicer than me. She would probably not return my calls.
7. Herding Cats in Hammond River I feel horrible that I don’t get to Wendy’s blog more often. A wonderful writer. Check her out.
Ok, so I am done. Thanks again Cristy, for the award. It was actually fun to write all this stuff. My butt is numb though. I mean, it really is.