When I started blogging, I didn’t really know what I was doing. I still don’t. But, along the way, I met other bloggers who I now consider friends. Sure, we don’t know each other, not really, but I know that I really enjoy reading their blogs. I’m quite a procrastinator, so chances are that I probably will never get around to following the rules of the award like I am supposed to, but know that I cherish the thought that these women, who both could outwrite me in a blogging duel HANDS DOWN, thought of me to nominate for this award. I am soo glad that I have met you guys. Thank you.
Working Tech Mom at
, is such a great writer. She is such an optimist. She is classy and her blog is informative, fresh and she takes great pictures. I enjoy visiting her whenever I get the chance. Go visit her blog right now.
Wendy, who is also WriterWoman61 at
, is a wonderful blogger whose grammar and correct sentence structure puts me to shame. Her blogs are so well written. She wrote a piece on the Bay of Fundy, which is sooo good that I am thinking of taking a trip up there and camping out on her porch.
Thank you so very much. Some of your blogging friends have visited my blog as a result of your kind gestures, and in turn, I just be making some new blogging friends. And if they are anything like you guys, I am a happy camper.
Ok, well, let me try to at least fulfill some of the award requirements..lol
As she described in her post, the award comes with four basic tasks to be completed:
- Present seven things about yourself
- Name about a half-dozen bloggers you think deserve the award
- Contact those people
- Create a link back to the person who gave you the honor
Ok, number 4 is completed. This is quite an accomplishment for me…lol
Present 7 things about yourself…
1. I was a stay-at-home mom and wife until the age of 51, when I was hired as a full-time teacher. I was probably the oldest “new” teacher in WV that year. Maybe ever..lol
2. I have been divorced for almost 2 years and was married for 25 years. I am tickled pink to be by myself and love every minute of being independent.
3. I love writing. I used to write poetry as well and have found that I can throw a poem together pretty quickly. For example, after I saw a shooting star this past summer, I wrote:
“A summer visit on a dark lonely night illuminates the vacuous sky with a warm greeting, not wishing to wear out its welcome, but teasing me for want of another.”
I know, great, right? lol I wrote that in 1 minute. This divorced, living life as I choose, is just so great…lol
4. My children are my biggest joy. They have turned out to be such awesome young adults. Of course, it is all because of me. Adam is 25 and is studying for his PHD in Economics. When he graduates, I am taking him to Scotland. We plan to rent a bag pipe player, get some beer, and go sit at the shore at Loch Ness and wait with our cameras for Nessie. Alex is 23 and is teaching English in France right now. She spent a year in Japan doing the same. I can’t wait to get both of the kids on the same continent again.
5. I want to travel!!! I have my passport ready and I’m thinking train travel across Canada for my first solo venture. Of course, I have to wait until my 15 year old cat passes, because I just can’t leave her. Which brings me to #6.
6. I love wildlife. I am like the animal whisperer. I can tame almost anything that would walk in my yard…except for crows. They don’t give me a chance. I’ve tamed raccoons, opposums, skunks, blue jays, feral cats, chipmunks, deer, and turkeys. I had a squirrel named Sweetheart that would knock on my kitchen nook door for a peanut. Stinky the skunk would even step into the house to get a peanut.
7. I want to move. When I divorced, I move out of the home that we built and into a small apartment. I want to buy, and am looking at places on the internet all the time, so that is why I am not blogging as much as I would like to. I just don’t know if I want to go the townhome route or a home route. I guess I will know when I see it.
8. (I’m adding 1 more because I like to ramble) My biggest thing going on right now is my biggest thing, literally. I’m on a mission to lose a lot of weight. I’ve lost 14 pounds so far and I am hoping to lose 55 by my 55th birthday. I joined a gym last summer but didn’t get any determination until I got the news from my doctor that my cholesterol was quite high. So, I am trying to lose a pound a week. I’m starving myself during the week and eating fun stuff on the weekends..because that is how I roll. I WILL get back to where I was. It’s funny, but I got made fun of when I was in college because I was lucky if I weighed 95 pounds. Even after I had my kids I was able to get back to my 108. Somewhere along the line, I quit caring. Didn’t know I was unhappy all that time. Isn’t that weird? I think I’m a good pretender. Anywho, I am going to get myself back, and then boy am I going to enjoy life. I do now, but it will be better when I can recognize the person in the mirror.
Well, I am also supposed to pick people to pass the award on to. This is where the procrastination part kicks in, as I am pressed for time. I guess what I can tell you is to go to my blog roll and visit all the people I have listed. They have great sites. I will, in the meantime, try to get my act together and nominate 6 people to pass the award to. If I don’t, this isn’t like a chain letter is it, where I will die or my hair will fall out if I don’t follow the directions, right? Gosh, I hope not.
Thanks again, dear blogging friends. I really appreciate it.